Vigilare is officially registered NGO in the Republic of Croatia. President of the organization is John Vice Batarelo, Phd.
Vigilare (lat.) means to be awake, watch, ie. to follow closely what is happening. Through information, actions and initiatives Vigilare runs or supports, citizens-supporters may specifically react as e-citizens and not just observe how the public figures or institutions threaten, ridicule and humiliate their values. Vigilare is a connection, a bridge that enables people to express their opinion of public figures i nthe media.
Main areas of activity
- Marriage & Family
Promoting the original (natural) identity of marriage and the meaning of family. Family is a marriage between a man and a wife in which children are raised.
- Human rigts & Culture of Life
Advocating respect of the most basic human rights – the right to live from the moment of conception and the right to die a natural death.
- Conservatism & Value System of Society
Promotion of conservatism as a legitimate option; defense of the right to live from the moment of conception and the right to die a natural death; monitoring and demanding decency of the media in accordance with the values of Croatian cultural tradition, without humiliating and destroying human dignity
- Economic Freedom
Commitment to the small and effective public and state administration, reduction of taxes and other levies and greater entrepreneurial freedom in relation to the intervention of the “Nanny state”.
Mision & Vision
- promoting conservative social values and culture of life;
- reaffirming the values of conservatism as a legitimate, but suppressed option, without stigma;
- establishing impaired social balance in respect of the liberal-conservative;
- promoting and defending of the right to life from natural conception to natural death;
- promoting and protecting the rights and dignity of people and communities on life and expression of spiritual, moral, national and family values and beliefs without discrimination, ridicule and humiliation in public life;
- promoting marriage as being the original community of man and woman and the meaning of family as the fundamental particles of the society in which children are raised;
- promoting and devotion for protecting the rights of the children from all forms of violence, especially pedophilia and various forms of pornography;
- devotion to the inviolable right of parents to educate their children in conformity with their own philosophical and religious beliefs and values;
- promoting civility in public – without humiliating the dignity of human;
- education the public and counter various types of addiction, violence and totalitarian ideologies;
- supporting training and profiling of young generations of students, intellectuals and leaders;
- contribution to the development of multiculturalism: open-coming topics, combat prejudices, taboos and media monopolies over certain issues;
- promoting lasting change, socially dominant, socialistic ideological paradigm and mentality;
- encouraging the active participation of citizens in the civil and political sectors of society and education about their importance for democracy;
- affecting the awareness of the possibility of change, encourage social engagement, individual responsibility and devotion to the changes;
- commitment to a small, efficient and modern public and state administration and the promotion of the principles of entrepreneurial freedom in relation to greater state intervention in the economic sphere;
- taking the public for effective cooperation between the homeland and the diaspora and the promotion of cooperation between the cultural, religious, sporting, economic and political institutions that operate in order for such cooperation.
How and why we act
Do you feel helpless, despite the supposed democratic freedom?
How many times have you been angry, depressed, shocked or saddened by the actions, words and acts of some media or public figures and their discriminatory and/or derogatory attitude towards values or beliefs that you consider important?
How many times have you felt completely helpless when you’re up against the overflow of rudeness? How many times have you thought “Why does nobody react? Does no one think this is of importance?” Are you bothered by the typical Croatian attitude “Well, there’s nothing you can do…?”
You can make a difference, you are citizens!
With the help of the Vigilare organization you can make a difference. For promoting and defending freedom in a democratic society it is of the utmost importance that we as citizens raise our voices and let the others hear us. If we do not do it, we’ll be pushed back into an oppressive society with small (and large) interest groups and minorities that will dictate priorities as they see fit. At the time when the internet and other means of fast communication are at our disposal, we can all act quickly, effectively and in great numbers.
In the meantime, the majority of citizens of Croatia, people in favour of the conservative tradition, have been shoved aside and cruelly stereotyped as “backward”, “medieval” and “primitive”. Do not be afraid, those are the typical scare tactics done in order to keep the majority in the state of fear, to make them passive and convinced that there is nothing one can do! That is also an obvious discrimination that has to be dealt with.
Vigilare – a powerful network of resolute citizens
Working together (through Vigilare) we can become a powerful network of resolute citizens of Croatia and Europe, therefore united in opinion and large in number, with the means of modern technology, we can let the people in power – the elite (in media, politics, public life) know that they can’t just do whatever they please without any consequences. We want to live in a society and community which is based on responsibility; where the words cannot be said, acts committed without any accountability. On the contrary, they must be accountable to democracy, i.e. active citizens who want certain norms to be respected.
E-petitions for e-citizens
We live in a world where we often don’t have a lot of time. Therefore, Vigilare’s actions enable fast and simple expression of civil discontent or satisfaction with a certain situation in public. You will be notified of an action by email, through the link you’ll come to our site (or we will direct you to another, safe site) and click on the name of the exact action. There you’ll be able to read a letter which would be sent to a certain public figure or an institution, and if you agree with the content of the letter, you will then enter your name, surname, email address and… click SEND!
In this way you’ll be able to fulfill your need to react as a citizen in a fast and effective way.
You are an electronic citizen (e-citizen)!
Vigilare will make sure that you be notified of the continuation and results of the actions.